WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Bull's Eye’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 2007
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? No
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘King of Blues’
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Description Flower: Shape: Open cup
Diameter: 20 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Red
Petal number: 70+
Stamen: Filament color: Gold
Anther color: Gold
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Tannish green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 35 cm.
Length x width: 44 x 39 cm.
Color, top: Green
Color, underside: Green with a reddish blush
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Tan-green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 180-240 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ? N. ‘Jack Wood’ but it differs by the larger number of petals and the intense burgundy red color.
Unusual characteristics or comments: 1. Large number of petals – 70+. 2. Intense burgundy red color.