WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Coral Sky’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 2006
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? No
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unnamed hybrid
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unnamed hybrid
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup
Diameter: 20 cm.
Sepal color, interior: Pink
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Coral pink with a hint of yellow at base
Petal number: 52
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow
Anther color: Pink
Tip color: Coral pink
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Tan
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 30 cm.
Length x width: 36 x 32 cm.
Sinus: Overlapping at center, open in back
Color, top: Green with maroon splashes
Color, underside: Green with red speckling
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Tan
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 180-240 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments: 1. The mottling on the leaf is unique. 2. Flower color is unique. 3. The petal count is high – 50+.