WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Hunter’s Moon’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: J. Craig Presnell 5) Year of origin: 2001
Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): J. Craig Presnell
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: J. Craig Presnell
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: J. Craig Presnell
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
The Names of Waterlilies, Knotts 2002
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unknown
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Stellate
Diameter: 15 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green with purple speckles
Sepal color, interior: Light purple
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Yellow with purple overtones, purple tips
Petal number: 22
Anther color: Yellow
Tip color: Light purple
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Tan
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Yes
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Nearly round
Margin: Slightly dentate
Length x width: 23 x 21.5 cm.
Color, top: Green with random maroon splotches
Color, underside: Light green with purple speckles
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Tan
Petiole pubescent? Yes
Spread of plant (diameter): 180 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Possibly N. 'Green Smoke', but this has mottled pads, longer stamens and more stable color over three days.
Unusual characteristics or comments: