WGI International Registry of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Ice Beauty’
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day bloomer
4) Originator: Chien Tzo Ching 5) Year of origin: 2008
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Chien Tzo Ching
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Chien Tzo Ching
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Chien Tzo Ching
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘Ellisiana’
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup-star
Diameter: 8-12 cm.
Sepal color, interior: Pink white
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Pink white
Petal number: 38-52
Anther color: Yellow
Tip color: Yellow
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Hairy
Height above water: 0-5 cm.
Length x width: 16 x 14 cm.
Color, top: Green
Color, underside: Brown
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Petiole pubescent? Hairy
Spread of plant (diameter): Medium
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Similar to Nymphaea ‘Rattana Ubol’ but it has more petals.
Unusual characteristics or comments: It has so many petals and the color is wonderful.