WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Jennifer Presnell’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: J. Craig Presnell 5) Year of origin: 2003
Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): J. Craig Presnell
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: J. Craig Presnell
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: J. Craig Presnell
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ampla
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Stellate, then flat
Diameter: 25 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Drab olive green
Sepal color, interior: Very light blue
Sepal number: 3 sepals, 3 half sepals
Petal color: Blue with a hint of purple
Petal number: 28-30
Stamen: 95-105 petaloid stamens. Inner petaloids are pink, but the very outer rows are pale blue and extended
Anther color: N/A
Tip color: N/A
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Brown
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Slightly
Height above water: 30 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Oval
Length x width: 40 x 35 cm.
Sinus: Upper 2/3 closed, bottom 1/3 open
Color, top: Medium green, a few black specks primarily on margin and lobes
Color, underside: Rosy pink with prominent green veins
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Brown
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 305 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
N. ‘Jennifer Catherine’ but the color is blue and the outer petaloids are blue.
characteristics or comments:
The center ‘pillows’ when the flower is opened flat.