WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 1999
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
Pondkeeper, Jan/Feb 2003
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘Panama Pacific’
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Colors from RHS Colour Charts.
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup
Diameter: 15 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: 144A with 187A
Sepal color, interior: 84C
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: 85A at base darkening to 87B at tip
Petal number: 26
Anther color: 17C
Tip color: 76A
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: 143C
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 15 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Round
Length x width: 28 x 27 cm.
Color, top: 146A with 183A splashes fading to green with age
Color, underside: 146C with 79A flecks of 80B
Petiole (leaf stem) color: 143C
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 120-180 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
This plant is unique and does not resemble any other lavender lilies.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
This cultivar has a cup-shaped lavender flower.