WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Key Lime’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 1997
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘Crystal’
Pollen (paternal) parent: N. ‘Trail Blazer’
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Colors from RHS Colour Charts.
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Star
Diameter: 15-20 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: 144A with 187A flecks
Sepal color, interior: 145C
Petal color: 4B
Petal number: 35
Stamen: Filament color: 7A
Anther color: 7A
Tip color: 4B
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: 144B
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Length x width: 35 x 32 cm.
Color, top: 189A with 59A mottling fading to green
Color, underside: 146B with 79A and 80B flecks
Petiole (leaf stem) color: 144B
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 150-200 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
This plant is unique and does not resemble any other yellows.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
This cultivar has a large deep yellow flower with a heavily mottled pad.