WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Lynn Ellen’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Daybloomer
4) Originator: J. Craig Presnell 5) Year of origin: 2001
Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): J. Craig Presnell
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: J. Craig Presnell
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: J. Craig Presnell
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
Luster Aquatic Nursery Price List 2002
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unknown
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup
Diameter: 18 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green
Sepal color, interior: White
Sepal number: 4
color: Clear yellow with blue overtones
Petal number: 48-52
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow
Anther color: Yellow
Tip color: Blue
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Margin: Slightly denate
Length x width: 35 x 30 cm.
Color, top: Green, new pads with a few purple spots
Color, underside: Light pink
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 240 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments: