WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Manee Red’
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day bloomer
7) Nominant (Named by): Mr. Pairat Songpanich
9) Introducer: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent Nymphaea ‘Odorata Luciana’
Pollen (paternal) parent Nymphaea ‘Madame Wilfron Gonnère’
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup shape
Diameter: 10 - 11 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green with brown
Sepal color, interior: Dark deep pink
Sepal number: 5
Petal color: Bright red
Petal number: 43 – 48
Stamen: Filament color: Orange
Anther color: Yellow
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Pubescent
Height above water 0 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 14 x 14 cm.
Color, top: Green
Color, underside: Reddish purple
Petiole pubescent? Pubescent
Spread of plant (diameter): 100 – 120 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble
and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments: