WGI Registry of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Margaret Edwards’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Charles Winch 5) Year of origin: 1991
Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Charles Winch
8) Address (if different from above):
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Noelene Pullen
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
The Names of Waterlilies 2002 Knotts
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? Yes
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
Royal Botanic Gardens
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unknown
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup
Diameter: 10 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green, with reddish brown flecks
Sepal color, interior: White splashed with pink
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Pink, with white towards centre
Petal number: 40
Stamen: Filament color: Dark yellow
Anther color: Light yellow
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Bronze green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 19 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 33 x 31 cm.
Color, top: Blotched burgundy and apple green
Color, underside: Speckled burgundy, light burgundy & green; apple green around centre
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Bronze
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 196 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
N. ‘Black and Blue’ but with pink/white flowers and smaller habit.
characteristics or comments: