WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 1999
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
American Nurseryman, June 2001
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘June Alison’
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Colors from RHS Colour Charts.
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Star
Diameter: 15 cm.
Sepal color, interior: 65B
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: 70A
Petal number: 50
Stamen: Filament color: 13B
Anther color: 64B
Tip color: 64B
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: 146A
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 20 x 20 cm.
Color, top: 146A with 187A
Color, underside: 148A and 183B with 187B flecks
Petiole (leaf stem) color: 146A
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 150-200 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
This plant is unique and does not resemble other reds.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
This cultivar has a florescent rose red color new to the industry.