WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by):
8) Address (if different from above):
10) Address (if different from above):
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? No
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc:
Appears on the WGI web site galleries.
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Pollen (paternal) parent: Known
Please give following dimensions in centimetres
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Star shaped
Diameter: Average 12 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green
(RHS 152A) and
pink along the sides of the petals.
Sepal color, interior: Greyed yellow (RHS 160D)
Sepal number: 4 Sepals.
Petal color: Yellow (RHS 4C) with a pink flush on the base of the outer petals
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow (RHS 7A)
Anther color: : Yellow (RHS 7A)
Tip color: Yellow (RHS 7A)
Number of Stamens: 51 to 54
Number of Carpellary Styles: Around 10, yellow (RHS 13A)
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green. Around 5mm diameter.
Four air channels of equal size.
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Hairy
Height above water: 0-7 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Orbicular
Length x width: Early leaves 8 cm. Later leaves size around 12 cm.
Lobes: Slightly mucronate
Color, top: On early leaves Green (RHS 147A)
with black blotches (RHS 200A) and on mature leaves Green (RHS 146A) with blotches (RHS 200A).
Color, underside: Green/brown with brown blotches (RHS 166A)
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Oval sometime completely round. Four air channels of equal size.
Petiole pubescent? Hairy
Spread of plant (diameter): Medium size
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments:
Nymphaea ‘Nefelis’ is a star shaped waterlily with a large with yellow pink petals and is floriferous.