WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
7) Nominant (Named by):
8) Address (if different from above):
10) Address (if different from above):
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.): Serrosen by Dieter Bechthold / Haro Hieronimus 2006 Dahne Verlag GmbH, Postfach 10 02 50, D-76256 Ettingen. ISBN 10:3-935175-33-7 and ISBN 13:978-3-935175-33-3
Also appears in the WGI web site galleries.
Also took second place in the IWGS competition for Water Lilies in 2004 and 2006.
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Known
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup
Diameter: Average 10.5cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green in centre lengthwise (RHS 146B) and Pink (RHS 63A) lengthwise on edges
Sepal color, interior: Light green in centre, Pink on edges and white at the base.
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Starting on the Outer Petals with Pink (RHS 65A) flashed with white moving towards yellow (RHS 5C) on the inner Petals again flashed with white. . Petaloid Stamens (RHS 161B)
Petal number: 26 to 30
Stamen: Filament color: (RHS 9A)
Anther color: (RHS 9A)
Tip color: : (RHS 9A)
Number of Stamens 57 to 59
Number of Styles: 10 to 11
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Brown
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Hairy. Four air channels approximately 6 mm in diameter
Height above water: 0-7 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 12 x 13 cm.
Lobes: Not overlapping slightly mucronate
Color, top: Green (RHS 146A with dark blotches (RHS 200A)
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Brown Oval
Petiole pubescent? Yes
Spread of plant (diameter):
This depends on
depth. However I can
say that it is a medium size plant.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments: