WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘Pastel Palette’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Kit Knotts 5) Year of origin: 2000
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Kit Knotts
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Kit Knotts
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Kit Knotts
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
WGI Checklist of Nymphaea Names, 2006
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. micrantha
Pollen (paternal) parent: N. ‘Nangkwag’
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Stellate
Diameter: 15 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Reddish bronze green
Sepal color, interior: Pale blue
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: First day light blue, second day lavender, third day almost pink
Petal number: 20
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow
Anther color: Yellow
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Reddish bronze green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Sinus: Somewhat open
Color, top: Apple green
Color, underside: Reddish purple
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Reddish bronze green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 140 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
N. ‘Blink’ in that it is changeable but has narrower petals and a smaller habit.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
Changes color over three days from light blue to lavender to almost pink. Tolerant of some shade and cold.