WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 1997
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? Yes
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unknown
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Colors from RHS Colour Charts.
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Bowl
Diameter: 15-20 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: 144B covered with 187A dashes
Sepal color, interior: 62B
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: 62B
Petal number: 28
Stamen: Filament color: 12A
Tip color: 62B
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: 144A
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Margin: Denate, undulating
Length x width: 34 x 30 cm.
Lobes: Overlapping, curling upward
Color, underside: 144B covered with 181A blotches
Petiole (leaf stem) color: 144B
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 150 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments:
Leaf color fades with age.