WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Pink Flamingo’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Daybloomer
4) Originator: J. Craig Presnell 5) Year of origin: 2005
Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): J. Craig Presnell
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: J. Craig Presnell
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: J. Craig Presnell
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unknown
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Stellate
Diameter: 15 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Nearly black with cinnamon streaks
Sepal color, interior: White
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Full, bright pink with
Petal number: 66
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow
Anther color: Pink
Tip color: Pink
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Submerged portion brown, emerged portion green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Nearly round
Length x width: 30.5 x 29 cm.
Color, top: Maroon with green blotches
Color, underside: Green with heavy pink and burgundy blotches
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 180-240 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
In flower form, N. ‘Midnight’, but it is pink and has mottled pads.
Unusual characteristics or comments: