WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Pol’s Pink Glory’
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Pol Detienne 5) Year of origin: 1982
Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Pol Detienne
8) Address (if different from above):
10) Address (if different from above):
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘Charles de Meurville’
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cuplike to stellate
Diameter: 19-22 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Rosy green
Sepal color, interior: Whitish-pink
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Outer bright pink,
lighter toward tips, and inner dark pinkish-red with garnet veins
Petal number: 24-28
Anther color: Yellow-orange
Tip color: Yellow-orange
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)?
Height above water: 0 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Oval
Margin: Slightly undulating
Length x width: 28 x 23 cm.
Sinus: Open in V
Color, top: Dark green
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Spread of plant (diameter): Medium to large
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
N. ‘Charles de Meurville’ but better.
Unusual characteristics or comments: Blooms from early May to late October. My best hybrid. Long flowering season and many many flowers. For medium to large pool. Needs fertilizer.