WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
Nymphaea ‘QingDao Blue Star’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Huang GuoZhen 5) Year of origin: 2009
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
QingDao City, China
7) Nominant (Named by): Huang GuoZhen
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: The Chinese Water Lily World
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Huang GuoZhen
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? No
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup, then stellate
Diameter: 15-18 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Yellow-green group 146 A
Sepal color, interior: Violet group 88 B
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Violet-blue group 94 B
Petal number: 46-48
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow group 9 A
Anther color: Exterior violet group 88 B, interior yellow/blue
Tip color: Violet group 88 C
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Yellow-green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 30 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 25 x 24 cm.
Color, top: Yellow-green group 146 A
Color, underside: Yellow-brown
Petiole color: Yellow-green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 180-200 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments: