WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Rattana Ubol’
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day bloomer
7) Nominant (Named by): Mr. Pairat Songpanich
9) Introducer: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
10) Address (if different from above)
11) Applicant: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
12) Address (if different from above) The same as above.
13) Phone 14) Fax 15) Email Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here?
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium?
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent Nymphaea ‘Mayla’
Pollen (paternal) parent Nymphaea ‘Madame Wilfron Gonnère’
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup shape
Diameter: 12 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green
Sepal color, interior: Pink white
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Pink white
Petal number: 34-45
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow
Anther color: Yellow
Tip color: Yellow
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Pubescent
Height above water 0 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 16 x 15 cm.
Color, top: Green
Color, underside: Green
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Petiole pubescent? Pubescent
Spread of plant (diameter): 100 – 120 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Similar to N. ‘Walter Pagels’ but it has more petals.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
Free flowering. Second Best Hardy Waterlily in Thai Hybridized Waterlily Competition 2007.