WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Rojjana Ubol’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Night bloomer
7) Nominant (Named by): Mr. Viroj Hirunyupakorn, Dr. Slearmlarp Wasuwat, Mrs. Primlarp Wasuwat and Mr. Pairat Songpanich
9) Introducer: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
8) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent Nymphaea ‘Maroon Beauty’
Pollen (paternal) parent Open Pollination
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Star Shape
Diameter: 18 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Red & Green
Sepal color, interior: Deep Red
Sepal number: 4
Petal number: 26 – 32
Stamen: Filament color: Deep Red
Anther color: White
Tip color: Deep Red
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Reddish brown
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Pubescent
Height above water 15 cm.
Margin: Spinose Dentate
Length x width: 30 x 28 cm.
Color, top: Reddish brown
Color, underside: Reddish brown
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Reddish brown
Petiole pubescent? Pubescent
Spread of plant (diameter): 150 – 250 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Nymphaea ‘Maroon Beauty’
N. ‘Rojjana Ubol’ has the petals more than N. ‘Maroon Beauty’.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
Water Gardeners International