WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Unknown, probably Rich Sacher 5) Year of origin: Uncertain
7) Nominant (Named by): Kit Knotts
8) Address (if different from above):
Removed to protect privacy
9) Introducer: Kit Knotts
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Kit Knotts
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unknown
Pollen (paternal) parent: Unknown
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Stellate, semi-double
Diameter: 18 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green heavily streaked with dark purple
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Medium pink
Petal number: 44
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow
Anther color: Pink
Tip color: Pink
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Margin: Denate and undulating
Length x width: 46 x 40 cm.
Lobes: Somewhat rounded with a point
Color, top: Green heavily mottled with maroon
Color, underside: Light green speckled with red, green wedge in center
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Apple green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 244 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
N. ‘Evelyn Randig’. N. ‘RSVP’ has many more petals.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
N. ‘RSVP’ is a prolific bloomer, even in partial shade and cold weather.