WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Siam Nymph’
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day bloomer
7) Nominant (Named by): Mr. Pairat Songpanich
9) Introducer: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent N. ‘'Mayla' x N. 'Madame Wilfron Gonnère' (Unnamed hybrid)
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup shape
Diameter: 9-12 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green with brown
Sepal color, interior: Pink
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Pink
Petal number: 39 – 45
Stamen: Filament color: Yellow
Tip color: Yellow
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Yes
Height above water 0 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 15 x 15 cm.
Color, underside: Reddish purple
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Petiole pubescent? Yes
Spread of plant (diameter): 100 – 120 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Unusual characteristics or comments: