WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
Nymphaea ‘Silver Moon’
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day bloomer
4) Originator: Louis Belloisy 5) Year of origin: 2005
Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Louis Belloisy
8) Address (if different from above):
10) Address (if different from above):
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: N. ‘Moonbeam’
Pollen (paternal) parent: N. ‘Golden West’
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Cup-like
Diameter: 18 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Light green
Sepal color, interior: Cream to yellow
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Cream/yellow interior, changing to lilac/green on tips
Petal number: 20-25
Stamen: Filament color: Cream/yellow
Tip color: Lilac
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Light green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 20 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Oval
Length x width: 38 x 25 cm.
Color, top: Clear medium green
Color, underside: Clear medium green
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Medium green
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 120 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
I have not seen one similar.
Unusual characteristics or comments: Plant reproduces by means of side shoot and tubers easily.