WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name:
2) Hardy or tropical: Hardy 3) Day or night bloomer: Day bloomer
7) Nominant (Named by): Mr. Pairat Songpanich
9) Introducer: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Mr. Pairat Songpanich
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description?
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? Yes
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
By registering for Plant Breeders' Rights with Plant Variety Protection Office of Thailand
by Mr. Pairat Songpanich
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent Nymphaea ‘Perry’s Fire Opal’
Pollen (paternal) parent Nymphaea ‘Sirius’
Please give following dimensions in centimeters
Description ‑ Flower: Shape: Star shape
Diameter: 10 - 13 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Green with brown
Sepal color, interior: Dark deep pink
Sepal number: 4
Petal color: Bright deep pink
Anther color: Yellow
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Green
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? Pubescent
Height above water 0 cm.
Length x width: 20 x 19 cm.
Sinus: Narrow open
Lobes: Lobes open
Color, top: Green
Color, underside: Reddish Purple
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Green
Petiole pubescent? Pubescent
Spread of plant (diameter): 100 – 150 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ?
Nymphaea ‘Bernise Ikins’
It differes number of petals. N. ‘Tan-khwan’ has the petals more than N. ‘Bernise Ikins’.
Unusual characteristics or comments:
It has so many petals and the color is wonderful!