WGI International Checklist of
Nymphaea (Waterlily) Cultivars
Click images to enlarge
1) Cultivar Name (Epithet):
2) Hardy or tropical: Tropical 3) Day or night bloomer: Day
4) Originator: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc. 5) Year of origin: 2009
6) Address: Removed to protect privacy
7) Nominant (Named by): Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
8) Address (if different from above):
9) Introducer: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
10) Address (if different from above):
11) Applicant: Florida Aquatic Nurseries, Inc.
12) Address (if different from above):
13) Phone: 14) Fax: 15) Email: Removed to protect privacy
16) As far as you know, has this name been published in a dated publication together with a description? No
17) If yes to 16, give details of the earliest publication (title, date, publisher, etc.):
18) Has this cultivar been granted Patent or Plant Breeders' Rights, or is it being sold under a trade designation other than the name used here? No
19) If yes to any of the above, please give details:
20) Has a Standard been deposited in a recognized herbarium? No
21) If yes, please give details (where, when deposited, etc.):
ABOUT THE PLANT
Parentage: Seed (maternal) parent: Unnamed #3206
Please give following dimensions in centimeters.
Description Flower: Shape: Stellate
Diameter: 15 cm.
Sepal color, exterior: Fan 4 166A
Sepal color, interior: Fan 2 83B
Petal color: Fan 2 90A
Petal number: 50+
Stamen: Filament color: Fan 1 14B
Anther color: Fan 2 89B
Pedicel (flower stalk) color: Fan 4 199A
Pedicel pubescent (fuzzy)? No
Height above water: 30 cm.
Leaves: Shape: Ovate
Length x width: 30 x 27 cm.
Color, top: Fan 4 187A with Fan 3 143B splashes
Color, underside: Fan 3 152B with slight blush on newer leaves
Petiole (leaf stem) color: Fan 3 152B
Petiole pubescent? No
Spread of plant (diameter): 180-240 cm.
What cultivar does this plant most closely resemble and how does it differ? N. ‘Blue Aster’. Flower color is deeper violet with a bright golden center. More true petals and real stamens. Pads have larger areas of mottling
Unusual characteristics or comments: Deep violet purple flower with 50 or more petals. Dark mottled pads. 2009 Best New Waterlily. 2009 Best New Tropical Waterlily. 2009 Peoples Choice Award.